When purchases are made at the store, who benefits from the proceeds?
- We all do! The Parent's Association is the proud sponsor of the Speyer Spirit Shop and all profits benefit the students, faculty and staff of Speyer School. In the past funds have been used to host "Thank You" lunches for teachers, decorate the Middle School dance, sponsor special events (e.g. 'Like' movie screening! Ellington picnic!! Skating party!!!), purchase new recess equipment for the terrace, offer discounted tickets to sporting events and theater, and much, much more.
When can I expect to receive my order?
- Since our items are print-on-demand it means that the items you order are created specifically for you once you place your order. (This helps us save PA funds by not having to take on inventory.) On average, merchandise is produced and shipped from our production and fulfillment partner, Custom Cat, in 5-7 business days after purchase. All items are shipped 2-Day UPS Ground. If you have an urgent need to expedite the shipping of your order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll see if any options are available.
- If you purchase an item that indicates you may pick it up at the Spirit Shop in the Syms lobby then no shipping should be charged to that item. If you find that it has been then let us know at email@example.com and we'll refund the shipping cost to you. NOTE: These items are only available when the Syms lobby store is open and parents are allowed to enter the building.
Can I pick up my order at school? Or, can I have my order sent home with my student?
- Orders placed online can be shipped to a personal mailing address of your choice during the checkout process. They cannot be shipped to Speyer.
- Please DO NOT ask Speyer faculty or staff to assist with items, orders, or access to the Syms lobby store. This is against school policy.
- All communications and arrangements made with regard to the Spirit Shop need to be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be happy to help in any ways that we can.
Can I return any part of my order that doesn't fit or is unsatisfactory?
- Our production and fulfillment partner, Custom Cat, stands behind the quality of our products and guarantees their workmanship 100%. Any defects or errors on their part will result in a replacement at no charge. Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns due to user error such as incorrect selection of sizes, designs, colors, etc. For more information on our returns and exchanges policy, click here.
Will more products be appearing in the Speyer Spirit Shop?
- YES! Absolutely. We develop new products all of the time based on things we like and suggestions we hear. If you have one, please contact us and let us know what you're thinking at email@example.com.
Will you ever have products for infants and toddlers?
- We do! You can check them out here.
Who makes the products in the Speyer Spirit Shop?
- In 2016 the Store Committee did due diligence to find a production and fulfillment partner who had a broad catalog of items, could guarantee quality and who was committed to developing a long-term relationship with our school. This led us to select Custom Cat out of Detroit, MI. Currently, the business has 200 employees, 25,000 SKUs and has produced over 4.5 million items for customers. Best of all, every item is designed on-site in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility by an ever-growing, proud and talented staff passionate about customer service and satisfaction. (We know. We've been there and we've met them!) Lastly, Custom Cat's service is print-on-demand. So, it might take a little longer to receive your order, but the big benefits are that the Speyer Spirit Shop doesn't have to carry inventory, and we won't run out of the items you want most.
I just received my t-shirts and they feel a little stiff. What's up with that?
- All t-shirts are hot-pressed directly on the garment (DTG). As a result of the extreme heat and pressure that goes into applying the graphic, t-shirt fibers "seize up" during the process. The result is a stiffness that doesn't have a great feel to it at first. Just put your Ts in the washer to loosen up the fibers. Once they relax after that first wash, you should be good to go with the comfort you were expecting.
Who can I get in touch with about a Speyer Spirit Shop or Store Committee matter?
- The Store Comittee is happy to help and always looking for new ideas and volunteers. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!